Monday, February 22, 2010

Why is the Second Amendment for everyone except the blind? According to AZ Shooters World?

Here are two letters I wrote to a friend of mine. I was excepted in to a CCW class at 2:45pm and lied to and told that I wasn't allowed to take the CCW course at AZ Shooters World at about 5:00PM the first letter is the exceptence and the second is the denial.

Sent at 2:43PM
I am writing to see what is new?

for me, I just got off the phone about an hour ago, with Jim Gibbs
over at Shooter's World, and after speaking to him I was told that
they would let me (?) take a CCW class.

although we can say, more like they are willing to train me, I am not
the one to argue at this point. oh, I am so happy, overwelmed with
joy, I am. this is somethintg I want bad. not for just the right to
conceal, but for the worth and feeling of accomplishment.

as a blind person I have been laughed out of paun shops, not even
being allowed to see//feel the guns or allowed to buy them being told
they wouldn't sale to a blind person. questioned by other shooter's
and laughed at for my love of the sport shooting, but this allows me
to prove to all, that I can, and I have the ability and skills to hit
ten in the ring of center mass.

Jim told me it wasn't me being blind, or it wasn't my shooting that he
was concerned about, he said being a former FBI Agent, he has been in
and practiced bDark shooting so it is possible. he was just unclear on
AZ DPS requirements etc.

but I've talked to DPS.

Vanessa, the thing that bothers me is we have all these damn gun nuts,
and people who claim to be for 2A rights, as long as you are like
them, or meet their standard. it brings me alot of confusion and you
can even say hurtful emotions when I am laughed at, told that I have
no business owning a gun, because I might shoot myself or some one
else on accident. it just doesn't seem right that people want rights,
yet restrict rights of other, or at least try to.

well, back on a happier note, I took my daughter Kayla, she is now
nine, to her First Shots class, a class given by NSSF and she enjoyed
it. she got 3 shots in center mass using a S&W 317 using single
action. I am proud of her. I have a pic of her on my Iphone, I will
send it soon.

Sent at 5:18PM

I just got a call from Andy, a front clerk at Shooter's World. She
told me that after Jim Gibbs talked to the Super Visor of the CCW unit
in AZ over at DPS, that Jim told her to call me and tell me that they
wouldn't be letting me take the class. They said due to the fact that
they are a privately owned company, they don't have to follow the ADA,
and that although they could let me have a reader for the written
test, they won't let me have a spotter for the range test. (which I
never asked for).

i am not understanding how not accomidating me for the range test has
any reason to not being willing to give me the course?

I am speechless, I feel I have been kicked in the stomach.

Vanessa, I have bought amo, 1 or two guns, holsters, amung other
things, as well as been a paying monthly subscription member for about
9 months, and I believe their fear is the liability.

This isn't fair Vanessa. I am asking myself how is this reasonable.
how is this possible. how can you take my money as a company every
month and call me a member and then when I want to get serious about
it all and take a class so important to me just tell me no and thats
the end of it?

Please advise me of what I can do at this point, why is it ok for
shooting sports/self defense places to preach 2A rights as long as
your not disabled, or for that much blind?

I never asked for range accomidations Vanessa, I was going to go in
twice a week, for two hours per session for a month and build up my
mussle memory in order to pass the range test. they pulled that all
out from under me and I am now just sitting here with tears of burning
frustration asking why this is ok? why am I locked out from the Second
Amendment of our Constitution? the one that we all as gun sports
persons claim that we all protect by getting in to the sport?

I am at a loss for words, and I feel very discouraged right now as a
blind person, Jim couldn't even call me himself to tell me he had the
clerk?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you leave your thoughts, opinions and questions. Remember, be respectful and you'll be taken serious. Thanks!